Nirodha Yoga 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Nirodha means cessation – the extinguishment of our old thought patterns and ways of being. This yoga teacher training is an opportunity to not only immerse yourself in the wisdom tradition of yoga and learn a new profession but also to foster your own transformation of body, mind and spirit.
Each day, you will experience meditation practice, two daily yoga classes, engaging lectures on philosophy, anatomy and teaching tools, as well as asana clinics which offer context and exploration of all classical poses. Our interdisciplinary approach integrates hatha yoga, vinyasa flow, and yin yoga to present a balanced variety of practice.
Over the course of four weeks, you’ll be introduced to the intentions, philosophies, anatomical awareness and at the heart of yoga practice.
This intensive course is for anyone desiring to deepen their knowledge and practice of yoga. You will leave the course feeling competent and ready to teach.
What will you learn
· Asanas – yoga postures and their healing effects.
· Pranayama – The ancient & classical breathing method of Yoga.
· Bandhas – Advanced internal energy practices.
· Kriyas – The ancient, Detox practices of yoga.
· Yoga Nidra – Relaxation techniques
· Meditation – Mantra, Zen, Vipassana, Visualization & more.
· Mudras – Hand gestures & advanced energy practices.
· Yoga anatomy and physiology
· Physiology – major organs and body systems.
· Functional Anatomy – the function of the main muscle groups
· The human skeleton, bones, ligaments, joints, movement and function
· Subtle Anatomy (Kundalini, Chakras, Nadis, Koshas)
· What is the ultimate goal of Yoga?
· History of Yoga from ancient to the modern time
· The importance of the ancient yoga scriptures (Patanjali, Pradipika, etc..)
· The power of meditation.
· Patanjali yoga sutra & The 8 limbs of Yoga
· Pranayama Prana breath work studied in detail
· The most powerful Asanas and how they work
· Detox & Kriyas (Purification techniques)
· Chakra & energy channels
· The Yamas & Niyamas
· Ayurveda & the 3 doshas
· Hatha Yoga Pradipika & Gheranda Samhita
· What is real Tantra?
· The Gunas and Yogic diet.
· Yoga Nidra
· Buddhism & Yoga connection
· Bhakti Yoga, Mantra chanting, Kirtan.
· Zen & Zen meditation and their connection to ancient yoga.
· Traditional mindfulness practice as taught in Buddhist monasteries
· The principles of Class sequencing.
· Voice projection & vocal coaching.
· Demonstration & teaching without Demonstration, benefits, and challenges.
· Qualities of a teacher
· Adjusting and assisting students
· Class styles: Calming, energizing, strength, flexibility, etc…
· The use of props.
· Class structure: Warm-up, core & cool down.
· The student’s process of learning.
· Meeting the students where they are, (seniors, beginners, pre-natal & post-natal, kids)
· Teaching different asana groups: backbends, forward bends, seated, core, standing, balancing, restorative poses, etc…
· You will practice teaching one of your fellow students
· Teaching a full class to the whole group
· Receiving & giving feedback
· Assisting and adjusting while others teach
· Observing others teaching & giving feedback
The Nirodha Curriculum
The Nirodha curriculum reflects a commitment to yoga as a holistic tradition & a healing methodology. We perceive yoga as far more than a fitness or movement practice and take a therapeutic approach in our teaching.
Our signature lectures include: the primary texts and scriptures of yoga, ancient and modern perspectives on the history of yoga, the science of meditation and mindfulness, contemporary research on fascia and the nervous system, yogic tools for anxiety and depression, exploring maps of the energy body… and many more interesting topics!
We also value safe instruction and anatomical awareness in asana practice. Our anatomy lectures will expand your knowledge of the body and functional movement. With modern tools (such as videos, PDFs, movies and sequence flash cards) you will feel supported in thus life-long journey into yoga.
Yaron Cohen, Director & Lead Teacher of Nirodha Yoga, welcomes a international faculty of Yoga Teacher Trainers to Koh Phangan to share their own unique expertise including philosophy, anatomy, asana, meditation, teaching tools & methodology, and practical knowledge to develop your own practice & professional teaching. Each instructor who contributes to our programs has been offering enriching yoga classes & teacher trainings for over ten years. They teach from expertise, experience, and their personal connection to yoga.
This transformational one-month immersion will allow you to make your mind and body a safe and stable home, to which the doors are always open. You will graduate with a solid foundation for lifelong yoga practice, as well as the confidence to offer effective, safe & meaningful yoga classes. Most importantly, you will cultivate self-knowledge, leading to a healthy relationship not only with yourself but the people and environment that surrounds you.
07:30 – 08:00 Morning Meditation
08:00 – 10:00 Morning Yoga PracticeHatha, Vinyasa or Yin Yoga
10:00 – 10:30 Breakfast
10:30 – 12:30 Lecture:
Philosophy, Anatomy,Teaching Methodology + Meditation
12:30 – 12:00 Lunch + Beach Break
16:00 – 17:00 Asana Analysis
17:00 – 18:30 Evening Yoga Practice
Hatha, Vinyasa or Yin Yoga
18:30 – Dinner + Rest
19:30 Kirtan, Bhajan, movie, dance class
(some evenings, optional)